The Yudu™ screen-printing system is the easiest, cleanest way to let everyone know who you are-and how you see the world. Unsilence yourself today-with apparel, home decor, art prints, posters, cards, schoolwork, and more. This instruction manual will walk you through the screen-printing process so you can use Yudu to let your voice be heard.
UNPACK YOUR BOX
Your box should contain the following:
- Yudu machine
- Adult t-shirt platen
- Blank ink-jet transparency
- 110 mesh screen
- 2 fl oz black ink
- Platen adhesive sheet
- Instructional DVD
- User manual
- Emulsion sheet
Other useful items to have while Screen-printing Along with the items that come with your Yudu machine, you may find it useful to have access to these items.
- Clear tape (2″ wide is preferable)
- Yudu Blockout
- Yudu Emulsion Remover
- Yudu Registration Panels (for multicolored designs)
- Spray bottle
- Large sink or tub with spray head
- Old rags or paper towels (for cleanup)
- Low light room or light safe environment
- Plastic knife or popsicle stick (for ink salvage)
- Hair dryer
- Extra cloth or white paper bag (to use during heat setting)
- Baby wipes
- Household item weighing
Do not use generic textile or fabric inks with your Yudu screens. Using non-Yudu inks can permanently damage your screen.
Ink testing results
- Yudu Inks Perfect consistency to produce a nice, crisp image Screw off top allows for ink salvage Ink easily washes out of screen when cleaned up prior to ink drying Allows for screens to be saved for future use Water-based inks make cleanup easy.
- Textile INKS Very runny Couldn’t easily save ink Ink bled through t-shirt onto platen.
- Fabric Paint Design was faded Not a nice, crisp image Ink dried instantly onto screen and ruined screen – Hard to clean off – Plugged up image on screen Stained squeegee.
- Fashion Paint Opening in bottle is too small to reuse ink Ink plugged up and ruined screen.
- Ruined Screen This screen has been washed, but the fabric inks have remained lodged in the screen, ruining it for further use.